Website AECOM New Zealand Ltd
AECOM’s Auckland Natural Resources team is involved in a number of transformational projects that will significantly shape Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland) and other locations around NZ, including the communities that many of us live in.
We are looking for a self-motivated ecologist who enjoys challenges and a diverse workload. The role will involve assisting in the delivery of high-quality freshwater and terrestrial surveys, monitoring and restoration programs, and technical advice to our clients. Critical to the applicant’s success in the role will be their ability to participate in field-based work, collect and analyse ecological data and prepare accurate, clear and concise reports in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Additionally, candidates must be adaptable and willing to diversify their skillsets by assisting the broader environmental team (air quality, contaminated land, environmental management) on an as-needs basis.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Drafting formal ecological reports, proposals, tender documents, and correspondence
- Conducting field surveys
- Apply sampling strategies and employing a range of survey techniques
- Ability to travel to and undertake fieldwork with minimal support, potentially for extended periods of time
- Carry out ecological and environmental impact assessments
- Provide high-level scientific report writing, incorporating relevant policy and legislation requirements, ecological impact assessment, monitoring and issuing recommendations
- Keeping abreast of new policies and legislation relating to biodiversity
- Ability to manage projects (or components of) and budgets to meet time and resource requirements
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with clients to enhance client retention and growth
- Identify further opportunities with clients and cross-sell AECOM services where appropriate.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar)
- 4- 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Previous ecological consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience in ecological survey work
- Quality and productivity in the execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined previously
What we can offer you
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
What we can offer you:
- A great team
- Support and mentoring from a local team of Technical Directors
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Flexible working arrangements including – flexi-time monthly allowance of up to 8 hrs
- Diverse and high profile project work
- Working alongside global industry leaders
- Working on complex and interesting NZ based projects and exposure to offshore projects
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aecom.com.