Website The Forest Bridge Trust
The Forest Bridge Trust (TFBT) is a farmer-initiated environment trust that supports outstanding land stewardship in northern rural Auckland. The Trust’s vision is to create a connected landscape with healthy forest and flourishing indigenous wildlife from the Kaipara Harbour to the Pacific Coast. The strategy to achieve this is through creating interconnected networks of landowner engagement that expand from clusters to landscape-scale predator control and habitat creation.
The Trust is now seeking a Programme and Operations Manager to lead the design and delivery of TFBT projects and programmes.
The role is responsible for translating the TFBT strategy into action on the ground – aligning to TFBT vision, mission and values. This will be achieved through working closely with the Executive Director and Services Manager. Together this team will continue to build strong and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including landowners, TFBT volunteers and contractors, local community groups within the Rodney district, Auckland Council, DOC and Mana Whenua. Other core responsibilities include designing and delivering projects on time and on budget, building and leading an effective team, and ongoing reporting and monitoring.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in business administration, project/programme management
- Knowledge of programme design and implementation
- Demonstrated key leadership role in a team environment, skilled at inspiring, motivating and directing remote teams
- The ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with composure under pressure
- A high-level of computer literacy, data management, and record-keeping skills.
- Experience working well with diverse internal and external stakeholders with varied drivers, personalities and work styles
- Financial management experience – e.g. managing budgets
- A bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualification and five years of relevant experience.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in a non-profit setting
- A sound appreciation and understanding of community led engagement
- Proficiency with project management tools preferable.
- A background working at a landscape scale to achieve biodiversity outcomes, with a particular focus on predator control.
This role is a unique opportunity to bring your exemplary programme management and leadership skills and apply them to make a difference within this inspiring long-term project. The working arrangement allows you to enjoy the balance and flexibility of working remotely from home but with plenty of opportunity to engage with the team and stakeholders face-to-face as required. The position offers challenge, autonomy, variety and – being a new role – the opportunity to help shape it and make it your own.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please enquire or apply online today via email to Emma Parker on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.