Website Uretara Estuary Managers Inc
Part-time, contract position
Project Parore is a community-led environmental restoration initiative based in the Katikati area covering seven catchments running from the Kaimai range into the northern Tauranga harbour.
We’re looking for highly organised person with excellent communication skills and project management experience to be our Programme Manager. You will be managing our activities in accordance with our long-term goals for ecosystem health improvements, focused on water quality and biodiversity. A passion for the concept of land care is essential, as the role includes liaising with community, landowners and many other stakeholders on sustainable land use change.
- Develop and manage Project Parore’s operational plan and consolidated works program, engaging with catchment communities and encouraging landowners to develop land environmental plans
- Manage catchment community and contractor relationships including coordinating and monitoring restoration work, facilitating review meetings and processing monthly claims and invoices.
- Work with the Board in the identification and procurement of sponsors and the preparation of funding grant applications
- Oversee robust administration, financial control, work in progress reporting to the board and reporting obligations to funders.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Bay of Plenty Regional Council, primary industry, landowners, volunteers, community organisations, local and central government agencies, iwi, other NGOs and businesses
- Demonstrated experience of working with complexity e.g. planning, facilitation, stakeholder engagement and decision making. PMP/PRINCE II certification a plus.
- Knowledge of primary industry and farm systems,
- Knowledge of urban infrastructure and development.
- Demonstrated experience of practical ecological management & restoration
- Experience working with mana whenua.
- Knowledge of native New Zealand biota; particularly in the Bay of Plenty region.
- Highly effective analytical ability, attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Technologically literate with Microsoft Office and G-Suite, familiarity with ArcGIS a bonus.
This is a 12 month part-time contract role commencing 1 December 2020, reporting to the Project Parore governance group (the board of Uretara Estuary Managers Inc). UEM are an incorporated society and registered charity, see www.uem.org.nz for more information.
Hours are flexible but are expected to be up to 24 per week. Remuneration will reflect experience, qualifications and skills base.
For more information and a detailed job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 6 November 2020 (or when suitable applicant is found).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.