Website Predator Free 2050 Limited
12-month Contract/Full-time position
- Immediate start
- Must be Auckland-based or prepared to be Auckland-based (no relocation costs will be covered).
- Must hold New Zealand or Australian citizenship.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in relevant field.
This is an exciting new role and opportunity to join a fast-paced, tight-knit team based in downtown Auckland.
As the Project Support Manager, you will engage across key areas of the business, providing support to large landscape and science/tools/technology projects. You will be adept at managing and bringing business discipline to multiple projects. You will ensure that project management systems and processes are in place to successfully deliver work outcomes and manage multiple stakeholders.
The right candidate will have proven experience as a project manager, be a highly-self-motivated individual who is both a good team player and comfortable working autonomously. You will be passionate about the Predator Free 2050 mission, have excellent communication and written skills, and be financially literate.
Candidates will need to be able to maintain and grow excellent relationships and engender respect from key parties.
Strong industry knowledge with operational experience in predator management / eradication is desired.
Ability and availability to travel on a regular basis to project sites across New Zealand.
- Proven experience of project management methodologies and ability to help deliver complex business projects.
- Industry knowledge across mammalian pest management and ecological restoration.
- Strong communication, engagement, written documentation and planning skills.
- Ability to work well with communities and iwi engagement.
- Operational predator management / eradication experience.
- Contract management and milestone reporting experience.
- Adaptable and agile mindset.
- High level of IT competence in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- An understanding of Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori or a pro-active willingness to learn basic Māori language, values and tikanga would be an advantage.
- Managing relationships with large landscape and science project managers and applicable stakeholders. Acting as the central point of contact.
- Help design and review operational predator control plans.
- Co-ordinate learnings and innovation between projects
- Required to travel throughout New Zealand on a regular basis visiting project sites.
- Overseeing the delivery of project milestones and decision points.
- Ensure project reporting is on track for scheduled funding payments.
- Maintain an up to date Health & Safety register across all projects and report back to CEO.
Predator Free 2050 Limited was established 30 November 2016 to help deliver the New Zealand Government’s ambitious goal of eradicating possums, stoats and rats by 2050.
We are a registered charity and non-for-profit government agency providing co-funding to enable predator control and eradication projects at large landscape scale and the breakthrough science needed to underpin them.
We solicit expressions of interest from community, iwi and council-led groups, assess them against established criteria, work with other funders and develop contracts to enable delivery.
Last year we launched five pathfinder projects – in Taranaki, Hawke’s Bay, Wellington, Waiheke island and Dunedin – to enable predator control and eradication across 254,000 ha over the next five years. We plan to contribute $23.3m towards total project costs of $89.7m. Further projects are in the pipeline.
We contribute $1m per annum towards breakthrough science guided by our Research Strategy and are fast-tracking the supply of improved predator control products to projects.
The company’s new head office is based in Queen Street, Auckland CBD.
Please send your CV to Kath Mead firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- 2-3 work references (inc ph/email)
- Copy of Degree Certificate
- Copy of Drivers License
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.