Website Department of Conservation
Would you like to be part of conservation and the protection and management of New Zealand’s natural heritage on the Chatham Islands?
We have a vacancy for a Ranger, Biodiversity/Recreation/Historic in our Operations team.
As a Ranger, Biodiversity/Recreation/Historic you will carry out, and in some cases lead the team in tasks assigned through the local work plan such as:
- biosecurity and logistics
- ecological restoration – weed control and native species planting
- historic and recreation
- pest and stock control
Your day to day work will take you across the district, contributing to the work programmes on and off public conservation land.
We are looking for a responsible and reliable team member, who is not afraid of hard work, and who has the following skills:
- carrying out logistics and biosecurity programmes
- practical experience field tasks outlined above, bird handling experience would be an advantage
- experience working in a both in a team and alone
- high standards in Health & Safety
- experience and qualifications in working with LUV motorbikes, 4WD vehicles and other field based equipment
- a current First Aid certificate
- a valid Full driver’s licence
- a current Approved Handlers Certificate would be an advantage
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Marie McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org VPN 8848 or telephone (03) 305 0098, quoting vacancy 400/4654
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 28 January 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.