Website Department of Conservation
Are you someone with a construction background, who loves the outdoors and is passionate about managing our environment for the enjoyment of all New Zealanders and tourists?
We have a vacancy for a Ranger in our East Coast District Operations Team, based in Wairoa. You will be a practically minded person, who is equally capable of managing contracts or getting your hands dirty when required.
- experience managing contractors
- experience in the construction industry
- a strong focus on Health and Safety
- be inspired about working with whānau, hapū and iwi and have respect for te ao Māori me ngā tikanga
- experience and/or qualifications in working with chainsaws, light utility vehicles, 4WD vehicles
- good communication skills and an ability to get on with people.
- A high level of fitness
It is desirable that you have skills in planning and delivery of biodiversity field work.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Paul Roper, quoting vacancy 400/4113. email@example.com or (06)869 0469.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 28 January 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.