Website Department of Conservation
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly organised individual who’s passionate about energising treaty partnerships. The role is based in the heart of New Zealand’s biggest city with excellent development opportunities and a wonderfully supportive working environment of passionate conservationists.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
As our next Ranger, Treaty Implementation Kaitiaki, Whakatinana Tiriti you will be working in a dynamic space as you provide advice and support to the Operations managers in the Auckland operations region.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
- You will be organized, teachable, resilient and agile
- Your knowledge of Tikanga will enable you to respectfully and confidently build trusted relationships and support our team to do the same
- Having a good grasp of te reo preferred but not required
- Whakapapa to Tamaki Makaurau is not required but knowledge of the Tamaki landscape would be beneficial
Full training is provided. This role will suit someone who wishes to develop in the role, or someone with prior experience working with iwi.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What’s in it for you?
Please like working with us because we offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Respect, recognition and opportunities for personal growth
- Job satisfaction from contributing to crucial and meaningful work
- Free accommodation in our backcountry huts and campsites
- Excellent employee wellbeing initiatives
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements above.
For any enquiry, please contact Rebecca Rush, email@example.com, or 027 5403 732, quoting vacancy 400/9770.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 2 November 2020. Interviews will be held on 9 November 2020.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.