Website Department of Conservation
Are you someone who loves the outdoors, has lots of practical skills and enjoys working with people? If yes then this could be the job for you.
As a Ranger you will be joining our talented operations team working on a wide range of projects across Central Otago including:
- building and facility maintenance
- back country road and track maintenance
- management of historic sites
- rural fire control
We are looking for a team player who is not afraid of hard work and who has skills and/or experience in:
- operation of small plant and machinery
- carpentry and facilities maintenance
- field delivery of conservation work and working in the back country
- operating 4WD vehicles
- a current First Aid certificate
- good communication skills and an ability to get on with people
- a valid driver’s licence
Based in Alexandra, the role requires staying overnight in the backcountry from time to time.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online at the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description and information sheet.
For more information please contact Nikki Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 4402040 quoting vacancy 400/8185
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 25 February 2019
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.