Website Department of Conservation
Are you passionate about the outdoors, New Zealand conservation and the provision of high-quality visitor experiences and conservation land management?
- Do you enjoy leading and supporting teams to complete quality work? If yes, then this could be the job for you.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
You will provide leadership and support to our seasonal front country team delivering critical conservation work across Te Anau and Fiordland National Park front country sites as well as Mavora conservation sites.
This is a seasonal position working full time between the months of October to May. This position is located in Te Anau. You will travel to and from Te Anau to our Frontcountry and Milford Road sites to both implement and oversee work programmes for our Frontcoutnry DOC staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- Daily supervision of staff, contractors and volunteers,
- Delivery of training and weekly work planning for staff,
- Ensuring a strong focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, contractors and visitors is present in planning and monitoring the work,
- Facilities maintenance and site restoration across an extensive network of Department owned assets.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
You will be a team player with great communication and organisation skills and the proven supervision experience to work alongside Te Papa Atawhai staff, our community, iwi and stakeholders.
You will have.
- Great people management and proven supervisory skills or experience in leading a team
- Experience in recreational and historic land management or asset management
- A strong knowledge base in conservation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in computer use, data entry and analysis
- A strong commitment to safety and wellbeing in the workplace
- Physical fitness and an ability to work outdoors in a range of conditions
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field is desirable but not essential
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What’s in it for you:
An opportunity to live, work and play in the Fiordland district which offers a great lifestyle with tramping, fishing, hunting and many other outdoor pursuits available on the doorstep of this family friendly town.
A fantastic supportive and collaborative working environment. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average turnover beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us!
We highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement. Te Papa Atawhai is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
For any enquiry, please contact Debbie Fahey on 027 286 2746 or email@example.com quoting vacancy 400 09435.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 01 August 2021
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.