Website Department of Conservation
We have an exciting vacancy in our Hawke’s Bay Operations team reporting to the Napier Office based on the majestic Maungaharuru Range.
As a key member of our small Biodiversity team, your role is broad and involves:
- Animal pest control operations
- Track maintenance
- Working with the adjoining landowners and iwi
- Supervision of volunteers
- Maintaining predator proof and farm fences
- Monitoring pest numbers
- Monitoring flora and fauna
We are looking for a responsible and reliable team player, who is not afraid of hard work, and who have the following skills:
- knowledge and/or experience in field delivery work including isolated backcountry environments
- a current First Aid certificate
- a good basic knowledge of conservation
- good communication skills and an ability to get on with people
- a valid driver’s licence
- The ability to work well alone or in a diverse and highly productive team
- Be able to use Word excel and outlook and experience using GPS and mobile devices
- experience and/or qualifications in working with chainsaws, 4WD vehicles and other field based equipment
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Dan Hurley, firstname.lastname@example.org , phone 027 552 0406 quoting vacancy 400/4258.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 28 January 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.