Website Department of Conservation
Are you someone who is practical, loves the outdoors, and passionate about managing visitor assets for the enjoyment of all New Zealanders and tourists? We have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our Hauraki District, Recreation Team.
Your day to day work will involve working in a small team and include:
- construction and maintenance of tracks, huts, campgrounds and historic sites
- visitor risk management
- managing contractors
- helping to develop and upgrade campgrounds
Ideally you will have:
- experience in carpentry and/or visitor asset maintenance
- contractor management experience
- sound knowledge and practical experience of field delivery work
- risk management experience
- strong organisational and administration skill
- experience and qualifications with use of chainsaws (or other machinery)
The successful applicant will have a full driver’s licence.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Karen Ismay, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0275405680
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 6 May 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.