Website Department of Conservation
Are you someone who is passionate about the conservation of New Zealand’s natural flora and fauna, skilled at field delivery and ready to share your skills and knowledge with others? If yes, then this is the job for you.
You will be part of the district’s senior team reporting to the Operations Manager, with a focus on leading the implementation of threatened species management, ecosystem restoration and animal and plant pest control work programmes.
You will have a key role in leading and supporting field teams undertaking biodiversity work programmes both on and off public conservation land.
The ideal candidate will have
- Good people skills and experience in formal staff management, including supervision of field teams, performance monitoring, coaching, training and general staff support
- A formal qualification, or equivalent relevant experience, related to natural heritage (flora, fauna or ecosystems) or conservation management
- Experience in the practical management of threatened plant and animal populations and the execution of pest control operations
- A positive attitude and experience in working with treaty partners and stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and experience
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Avi Holzapfel, email@example.com , VPN 6175 or telephone 027 221 3116, quoting vacancy 400/2220.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 7 January 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.