Website Department of Conservation
We are looking for an enthusiastic Ranger Supervisor to join our Biodiversity Team in Motueka.
The principal focus of this role is to supervise the delivery of the pest control component of the Project Janszoon biodiversity work programme (primarily targetting stoats with some deer and pig control), working closely with the Senior Ranger Biodiversity and the Operations Manager.
You will be actively involved in developing and overseeing the implementation of biodiversity work plans to be carried out on and off public conservation land, including:
- animal pest control programmes
- ecosystem restoration
- threatened species management
Your work will include supervising, coaching and supporting rangers, as well as supporting project partners doing conservation work in the field. The position involves supervision of approximately 4 staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- experience in leading staff and scheduling an effective work programme
- a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in the practical management of biodiversity projects and the execution of pest control operations
- experience in dealing with issues of conflict
- specialist experience/qualifications in pest control
- contract management
- current First Aid Certificate
- ability to interpret GIS information, produce maps and use data loggers
- ability to collect, collate and present data in a scientifically rigorous manner
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information please contact Chris Golding; email@example.com or 0278399999, quoting vacancy 400/5460.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 19 November 2018
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.