Website Department of Conservation
This is a fixed term role for 7 months
The role is based in the Kapiti Wellington District Office in Kenepuru Porirua. The aim of the role is to establish and maintain mana-enhancing partnerships with mana whenua and provide advice and support to ensure the Department of Conservation delivers on their treaty settlement statutory obligations and to give effect to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in engaging with iwi and tangata whenua to achieve work goals aligned with the Principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Good knowledge of tikanga Maori, kaitiakitanga, wairuatanga, manaakitanga and iwitanga.
- Strong relationship building skills, values the importance of relationships.
- A drive for achieving results through collaboration and coordination
- Excellent leadership and people skills
This is an exciting role where you have an opportunity to significantly contribute to growing conservation in partnership with iwi.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the project description.
For any queries, please contact Melody Mclaughlin, email@example.com, or telephone (027)5712451, quoting vacancy 400/4560T.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 19 November 2018.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.