Website Department of Conservation
Are you an organised, astute, and capable senior administrator who loves a challenge and enjoys creating a great team environment?
If yes, this is the job for you!
This technical leadership role is vital to the success of the Administration team; ensuring effective delivery of high quality conservation outputs regionally and nationally.
You’ll work across the wider regional Administration team and be responsible for:
• providing essential administration services in support of local managers and teams
• coaching and supporting Administration team members
• managing and administering assets, records, and databases as required
• providing advice to the Administration Manager, and the wider team on administrative systems and processes
• quality assurance engagement with District Offices to ensure that the work of others meets organisational standards
• co-ordinating and reporting on regional activities for the facilities, property, and fleet centre led teams
• support month end financial processes such as variance/forecast analysis and SAP budget updates
• oversee and coordinate regional health and safety planning and reporting.
The ideal applicant will be a reliable team player with:
• considerable knowledge and experience in office administration, including basic accounting principles/skills
• a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applications, Word, Excel and Outlook
• a certificate in business/office administration or equivalent experience
• the ability to use initiative and independent judgement to deal with critical tasks
• experience and success in anticipating and solving problems, with attention to detail and accuracy
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Full Driver Licence
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information, please contact Sandra McMurdo, email@example.com, or telephone 03 371 3768, quoting vacancy 100/3714.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday, 27 September 2018
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.