Website Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand Inc
- Location for this position within New Zealand is negotiable
- Indicative salary range: $85,928 – $93,011 pa.
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s largest independent nature conservation organisation, advocating for New Zealand wildlife and wild places. A key part of our advocacy is statutory advocacy through the Resource Management Act 1991 and other legislation.
We are seeking a resource management planner with at least 2 years’ relevant experience to provide planning expertise to help us achieve our conservation goals for land, fresh water and marine environments throughout New Zealand.
Key tasks include:
- Providing advice on resource management processes
- Preparing submissions on policy statements, plans and resource consents and assisting with Council hearings; and
- Assisting with Environment Court appeals (mediation and preparing evidence) and other resource management litigation.
The successful candidate will have:
- A graduate or postgraduate qualification in resource management, environmental management or planning.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- A practical understanding of Resource Management Act processes.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills.
- A proven ability to prioritise between competing work obligations and meet deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and the ability to practically apply, the Resource Management Act.
- Broad knowledge of NZ conservation and associated issues.
- Good conceptual and analytical ability.
- Ability to work as part of, contribute to and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Willingness to travel.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged. Shortlisted applicants shall be required to complete an application form prior to an interview.
Specific queries about this role should be directed to Peter Anderson, General Counsel on 0212 866 992.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Saturday, 9 October 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only shortlist candidates who have a current legal right to work in New Zealand and a full NZ driver’s license. Regrettably we are unable to consider you if you do not have this organised.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.