Website Wildland Consultants
Would you like hands-on involvement with ecological restoration projects in the Auckland Region?
Wildland Consultants is a leading ecological restoration provider committed to the care and enhancement of our natural environment. Wildlands works closely with a range of clients throughout NZ to plan and implement a multitude of ecological restoration projects.
Wildlands are looking to fill several roles to expand our established field teams at three locations across Auckland, and are seeking moderate to well experienced individuals with at least six months experience within the restoration industry.
It is essential that you have a willingness to contribute and work as a team, are physically fit (the jobs are physically demanding), and have a passion for working outdoors, in all sorts of weather. The work will also require staff to use agrichemicals (herbicides), animal toxins (poisons), and traps on a regular basis.
Applicants should demonstrate prior experience in:
- Working in the outdoors
- Working in a team
- Working alone or independently
- Native and pest plant identification skills
- Herbicide application skills
- Pest animal control
- Decision making
- Having a good level of fitness as these are physically demanding roles
- Having a good work ethic.
Applicants with CURRENT Introductory/Advanced Growsafe, Registered Chemical Applicator, Chainsaw, Light Utility Vehicle (LUV), First Aid, Site Safe or Controlled Substance Licence qualifications will have an advantage and should clearly state if they have any of these on their application.
Applicants wishing to apply for a supervisory role should further demonstrate:
- Health and safety leadership in the field
- Mentoring staff and undertaking/facilitating internal training
- Sound pest plant identification (NZ)
- Experience with pest plant control methods
- Proven indigenous plant identification skills (NZ)
- Pest animal monitoring and control experience including data collection and management
- Experience with planning, undertaking and managing restoration plantings
- Reporting to internal and external clients
- Client liaison and project management experience.
Please apply with your CV, including a detailed summary of your interest, attitude, experience, and copies of any relevant training and qualifications to:
PO. Box 46-299
Herne Bay, Auckland 1011
Applications close when suitable candidates found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.