Website Cape Sanctuary Limited
Do you have a passion for New Zealand’s threatened species and a love of working outdoors, with tourism experience?
The Cape Sanctuary is looking for a Sanctuary Assistant for a fixed-term position of 6 months.
The Cape Sanctuary is located on the stunning Cape Kidnappers peninsula in Hawkes Bay. It is New Zealand’s largest private wildlife sanctuary and home to some of its most threatened species. The Cape Sanctuary is unique in that it encompasses mixed land uses including farmland, native and regenerating forest, farm forestry, a golf course and an exclusive guest lodge.
The Sanctuary Assistant will support the day-to-day operations by delivering sanctuary-based tours for guests of the Cape Kidnappers Lodge. They also will assist with pest control, species management, monitoring and care.
Critical Skills Required
- Experience in or an understanding of ecotourism in New Zealand
- Certified kiwi handling experience (desirable)
- Experience in delivering wildlife and environmental management programs
- Experience in or an understanding of predator control in New Zealand
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding and compliance of health and safety obligations and safe remote location work practices
- 4-wheel driving and quad bike experience (desirable)
- Strong commitment to wildlife conservation
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and plan/schedule assigned workload
- Proactive and outgoing by nature
- Highly motivated to make a difference
- Strong continuous improvement orientation
- Flexible and adaptable – willing to work flexible hours and days including weekends
- A strong customer service orientation
Further information and a full position description can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Applications including cover letter and resume can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 24th October 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.