Website Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Unique and diverse role
- Flexible working days with lots of variety
- Fantastic working environment and supportive team
- Excellent growth opportunity
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to make a change to the environment and general wellbeing of the Wellington region?
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Biosecurity Advisor (Policy) or Senior Biosecurity Advisor (Policy) to lead the policy work of our Biosecurity department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an established advisor or motivated up and coming professional.
This is an exciting time to join Greater Wellington as we continue to make progress on the implementation and review of our Regional Pest Management Plan, and contribute to the implementation of our Regional Biodiversity Strategy.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant field eg, botany, zoology, ecology, environmental management, natural processes or policy and minimum two to five years experience in leading Policy work in primary industry, local/central government and/or pest management
- Technical knowledge of in a wide range of pest animal and pest plant management methodologies
- An advanced knowledge of the Biosecurity Act 1993 and other relevant legislation; and an advanced understanding of the workings of local and central government
- Excellent communication skills and innovative thinking
- An advanced understanding of Tikanga Maori
- An interest in the natural environment of the Wellington region.
This role can be based from either our Masterton or Upper Hutt offices and will require working across the Greater Wellington region. Greater Wellington offers an attractive working place in a friendly and supportive environment.
GW provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For further information on the role contact Davor Bejakovich, Manager Biosecurity on 04 830 4057.
Applications close: Friday, 16 November 2018.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gw.govt.nz.