Website Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Unique and diverse role working in the outdoors
- Work days with flexibility & variety
- Fantastic working environment and supportive team
Are you passionate about protecting our environment and looking for a rewarding and exciting role?
We have a unique opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to play an important part in protecting Greater Wellington’s region from the exotic plants threatening our parks, reserves, wetlands and other environments.
We are currently seeking an Upper Hutt based Senior Biosecurity Officer – Pest Plants to help us protect these environments by undertaking functions as described in Greater Wellington’s Regional Pest Management Plan and other related duties focusing on surveying and controlling pest plants in some of the regions highest value biodiversity sites.
To be considered for this role you will be expected to:
- Have proven extensive experience in managing and controlling pest plants and/ or relevant experience in a related biosecurity/ biodiversity field
- Either be able and willing to handle and apply hazardous substances, including the ability to obtain appropriate certification as required
- Be physically fit and able to work and navigate a range of outdoor situations
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (experience in GPS and GIS systems an advantage)
- Have a strong team work ethic with experience mentoring others in a small team, but also possess an ability and willingness to work autonomously
- Have relevant experience in contract management
- Have a current full licence to drive a car (quad or LUV riding experience an advantage)
You will require excellent people skills especially dealing with contractors, landowners, community groups and stakeholders’. You will need to be organised with a desire for doing the job right first time.
Greater Wellington offers an attractive working place in a friendly and supportive environment.
To apply for this position please view the job description and apply with a cover letter ad CV via the link below.
For further information on this role please contact Gary Sue, Team Leader Pest Plants on 04 830 4416.
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday, 13 November 2018.