Website Wildland Consultants
- Enthusiastic knowledgeable plant ecologist/botanist or fauna ecologist with a post-graduate degree (MSc or PhD)
- Excellent writing skills
- Committed to providing high-quality ecological advice
- Join the team at Wildland Consultants based in Northland
- Applicants should demonstrate passion and knowledge of NZ ecology, preferably with specialist knowledge in NZ plant ecology or fauna
We are looking for Senior Ecologist to provide Wildlands services in the Northland region. The role involves the application of sound ecological principles to a range of projects, in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation, flora, and fauna, and the ability to identify practical solutions to ecological challenges. We are seeking a self-motivated individual and team member who can develop the ecological business in the region alongside our Auckland ecologists and our national team. We offer a competitive employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of ecologists. We are seeking an experienced vegetation ecologist in this role, however experienced ecologists in other fields of expertise will also be considered.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in high quality field assessment and technical reporting.
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of New Zealand botany and plant ecology, including restoration biology and ecological management; or other specialist ecological fields e.g. fauna.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand driving licence
- 4WD experience.
- Project management including client liaison, proposal and tender preparation, and financial control, ensuring effective delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Maintain and expand our client base and resource management in the local area.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to national company objectives.
- Development of solutions.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Operating at a professional level within the ecological sector.
If you have a genuine passion for botany and ecology, a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today. Note the location of the Northland base is yet to be confirmed but is anticipated to be in the Whangarei – Kaikohe – Kerikeri region.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd. We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 31 May 2019.
Only applicants who are currently legally entitled to work and live in New Zealand will be responded to and considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.