Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
The role involves the application of sound ecological principles to a range of projects, with in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation or botany and the ability to identify practical solutions to ecological challenges. The successful applicant will work on a range of projects within the company, particularly those based out of the Rotorua Office. We offer the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy with a large team of ecologists. We are seeking an experienced ecologist in this role, who has a good knowledge of New Zealand’s vegetation, but also has experience in other areas of ecology, and experience with staff management, tender responses, contract reports, and managing fieldwork.
Working from our established head office in Rotorua, the successful applicant will also work closely with our wider team of ecologists around NZ.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of New Zealand botany and plant ecology, restoration biology and ecological management.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven ability in staff management.
- Proven ability in project management.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand drivers licence.
- 4WD experience.
Some key tasks include:
- Managing and leading a team of ecologists with different levels of expertise
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Operating at a professional level within the ecological sector.
- Proactively managing the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
- Ensuring company processes are adhered to, owning problems and identifying solutions.
What we can offer:
An opportunity for you to work on complex and interesting projects, in a fun and challenging work environment, with a supportive team.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
Applications close: Friday, 4 December 2020 at 5.00pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.