Website Wildland Consultants Ltd
- Enthusiastic knowledgeable Avifauna Specialist/Ecologist with a post-graduate degree (MSc or PhD)
- Excellent writing skills
- Committed to providing high-quality ecological advice
- Applicants should demonstrate passion and knowledge of NZ ecology, with specialist knowledge in NZ Avifauna.
We are looking for Senior Avifauna Ecologist to join our nationwide team of dedicated and specialist ecologists. Wildlands has offices throughout the country. Wildlands ecologists provide services applying sound ecological principles and in-depth knowledge of New Zealand vegetation, flora, and fauna to a range of projects. They also identify and provide practical solutions to ecological challenges. We offer a competitive employment package, together with the opportunity to continue to develop your career in a leading NZ ecological consultancy.
Therefore, we require an experienced Avifauna ecologist for this role. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in high quality field assessment and technical reporting.
Working from any location, the successful applicant will also work closely with our wider team of ecologists around NZ.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- A post-graduate degree in ecology.
- Sound field skills covering a range of ecosystems, habitats, and taxa.
- Good knowledge and experience of New Zealand avifauna.
- Skills and experience in New Zealand vegetation and botany.
- Skills in ecological restoration would be very useful.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of current and potential clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Further qualifications and membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Full current New Zealand driver’s licence.
- 4WD experience.
Some key tasks include:
- Operating at a high professional level within the ecological sector.
- Development of solutions.
- Personal development and commitment to progressing your career as an ecologist.
- Supporting and contributing to the company’s national objectives.
- Project management including client liaison, proposal and tender preparation, and financial control, ensuring effective delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Maintain and expand the client base and resource management in the avifauna field.
- Proactively manage the flow of information, correspondence, and queries.
- Proactively interpreting and taking appropriate actions/decisions.
If you have a genuine passion for avifauna, a strong technical background, and are eager to become a valued member of the Wildlands team, register your interest today.
We provide outstanding ecological services to sustain and improve our environments.
See our website www.wildlands.co.nz for further information on Wildland Consultants Ltd and how to apply for this position.
Applications close: Friday, 28 February 2020 at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this job please visit www.wildlands.co.nz.