Website Boffa Miskell
We are looking for a talented senior ecologist to join our busy team of consultants in Wellington. While our ideal candidate will have a background in terrestrial ecology, we are open to considering applications from freshwater and marine ecologists.
This position will see you joining an established and passionate team of ecologists, who excel at what they do. As an ecologist, you’ll be working collaboratively with our clients, stakeholders, and multi-disciplinary project teams on a broad range of challenging and rewarding projects to ensure that great ecological outcomes are achieved. This role will have a mix of office-based responsibilities and field work; time away from the Wellington office will be required.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will:
- Lead a range of challenging and interesting projects, with accountability for the achievement of key milestones, agreed deliverables and quality ecological outcomes.
- Invest time in developing, coaching, and mentoring younger members of the ecology team to help grow their capabilities as ecologists and consultants.
- Provide high level professional advice, including input into multi-disciplinary projects and policy initiatives.
We are looking for someone with a reputation as a leading ecologist, who upholds ethics and professional standards, along with the following skills and attributes:
- At least ten years’ professional experience in ecology, with at least five years’ experience in a consultancy environment.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Ecology, or a closely related biological sciences field.
- A portfolio of project experience that demonstrates both sound technical skills, fieldwork experience and project management abilities.
- Clear understanding of, and experience with, the ecological aspects of resource management, including the preparation of Assessment of Environment Effect reports and delivering evidence.
- Proficiency and experience in ecology methodologies, data collection and analysis.
- Strong people skills, with experience leading others on projects.
- Have a track record of success as a work generator, with a good market profile.
- Exceptional client relationship skills and the ability to identify new business opportunities using market knowledge and competitor activity.
- Clear and well-articulated written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of risk management principles and their application (including Health and Safety best practice);
- Specialist CEnvP certification in Ecology is desirable.
- A current and full New Zealand drivers’ licence.
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy, which is focused on better outcomes for our environment. We are entirely employee-owned and growing, with an increasingly diverse portfolio of clients and projects. We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, and our mahi kōkēi initiative enables our team to have greater flexibility around working remotely. We value having an inclusive and diverse workplace and offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure our people can excel and grow.
If this sounds like your next career move, we look forward to hearing from you
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note, we will only accept applications sent to this email address.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Katherine on (03) 364 4778.
Applications will close on Monday, 17 May 2021. We like to consider applications as they are received, so encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.