Website Ecological Solutions
Ecological Solutions is a highly regarded specialist ecology consultancy with bases in Northland, Hawkes Bay, Bay of Plenty, and Auckland, and a diverse national clientele.
If you’re looking for a role within a highly motivated, supportive team that provides autonomy and career progression (including ownership), then we are keen to talk.
In offering this role, we aim to maximise the opportunities it provides for your professional development while contributing to the growth and development of Ecological Solutions Ltd.
You will be actively involved in defining, developing and expanding your position in a manner that is consistent with the business plan. A key part of this role is to provide technical expertise to and project management of medium and large-scale projects across a wide range of sectors throughout New Zealand.
This position involves:
- Delivering a high standard of ecology expertise in all areas of the business, including proposals, field studies, data analysis, reporting and expert evidence.
- Project management, including client communications, managing internal and external project team members, project budgets, preparing invoices, and ensuring QAQC delivers on time and within budget.
- Assisting/leading the preparation of proposals.
- Assisting/leading freshwater and terrestrial ecology surveys throughout New Zealand.
- Analysing and presenting field survey data.
- Preparing ecological due diligence, compliance monitoring, assessment of effects, opportunities and constraints reports, restoration plans, and expert evidence.
- Identifying and implementing initiatives that improve the operation, client experience and reputation of the business.
- Actively seeking opportunities to expand Ecological Solutions services.
What we’re looking for …
We’re looking for people who are solutions-focused and exhibit the skills needed to be a great consultant.
What does this mean?
- You pay attention to detail, but this doesn’t prevent you from seeing the bigger picture.
- You’re proficient at science, but you’re able to take a pragmatic approach to get the job done.
- You have a keenness to solve problems, but you’re able to say ‘no’ to client requests when it makes sense, to remain an independent expert.
- You have great project and time management skills.
- You’re confident with written and verbal communications.
- At least 5 years of ecology experience.
- MSc or a higher equivalent degree in ecology.
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- Full New Zealand driver’s license.
How to apply
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please call our Managing Director, Richard Montgomerie on 021-806-933 to have a chat.
For more information about what we do, please visit our website at www.ecologicalsolutions.co.nz.
Applications close when a suitable candidate has been appointed.