Website Department of Conservation
Are you an innovative thinker who enjoys working with people and who can produce results? Are you good at managing complex projects and multi-tasking?
We are looking for a Senior Ranger – Community to join a highly motivated District team. The community programme includes a range of work such as building volunteer opportunities, working with Councils, managing permissions/RMA and working with tangata whenua in a pre and post settlement environment. A key function of this role is supporting the Operations Manager to ensure the team delivers a high-quality community programme and develops relationships.
The role also forms part of the District Management Team, supporting the Operations Manager in the delivery of conservation matters across the District. The role will require proven relationship management skills, strategic thinking, and great writing skills. Day to day work will include development of the community work programme, managing team outputs, providing advice to the team and Manager, engaging with the community, and relationship management.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the District Team through community focused work planning.
- Financial and non-financial planning/reporting for the Community Engagement Team.
- Promoting conservation, lifting awareness and working with others to advocate for the District’s natural, historic and cultural heritage.
- Managing relationships with all District high end partnerships;
- Taking a lead role in the Districts whanau, hapu and iwi relationship management.
- Oversight on all District community group partnerships.
- As appropriate, supporting the Biodiversity and Recreation/Historic programmes in their work with individuals, groups and organisations.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have a tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience, in project, statutory land and/or relationship management.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about conservation.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to recognize new opportunities, ideas and trends, and use them to best advantage.
- Be an experienced negotiator/facilitator.
- Be a strong networker, with positive working relationships across a broad range of public and private sector businesses and groups.
- Be media savvy with excellent skills in presenting information clearly, concisely and appropriately.
- Have knowledge and experience in planning and organising complex projects.
- A full drivers license.
The position is full time and is based in Palmerston North.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Allanah Irvine, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0276017656, quoting vacancy 400/4364.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday, 28 January 2019.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.