Website Department of Conservation
This is a full-time position, starting in May 2019.
Are you passionate about the care of our natural areas? Do you believe that conservation happens best when the whole community is involved? Are you a clear thinker who thrives in a role with many and varied tasks? Then join us!
The Wairau/Renwick Office is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and competent person to lead the Community Team.
As the Senior Ranger Community (Supervisor) you will be part of a small team, focused on finding new opportunities for communities, businesses, iwi, agencies, schools and individuals to get involved in conservation. This position is based in Renwick, Marlborough.
You will be responsible for:
- taking a strategic lead in promoting conservation, raising awareness and educating others on the value of conservation and ecosystem services
- coordinating statutory land administration (RMA), permits and concessions processes
- budget management and work planning
- team supervision/staff management and project management
- media liaison and communications
- education and community group engagement
The ideal applicant will have:
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills and a proven ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders including community, iwi and business groups
- Excellent planning, organising, strategic analysis and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Passion for and knowledge about conservation
- Experience in statutory land administration, RMA, permits and concessions processes.
- Experience in leading teams and staff management
For more information see the Applicant Information Sheet available on the online application.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Phil Bradfield, Operations Manager on phone 021 204 1857, quoting vacancy 400/5250.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 29 April 2019
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.