Website Department of Conservation
- Are you a project manager with a construction or trades background who enjoys getting out on our tracks?
- This is your opportunity to contribute to one of Te Papa Atawhai’s significant milestone projects, the Hump Ridge Expansion Project.
This Project is a significant investment in Southland Tourism where Te Papa Atawhai is working with the Tuatapere Hump Ridge Trust to bring the walk up to Great Walk standard.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
This role is fixed term, one year based in either Dunedin, Alexandra or Invercargill to join a small, focused team to deliver the expansion works for this track. You will be responsible for tendering, procurement, contractor management, reporting and health and safety monitoring for the project. The project involves the development of tracks, bridge construction, civil works including carparking and roadworks along with the installation of toilets and shelters. You will work closely with our partners the Hump Ridge Tracks Trust along with iwi partners, landowners, and other external stakeholders.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
You will have developed the ability to manage work priorities to successfully deliver on project objectives from your previous project management or contractor management experience. You will have a clear and engaging communication style with the ability to inform and influence others. The ability to build strong relationships and collaborate successfully with others, such as external stakeholders and partners will be something you pride yourself on. We are also looking for:
- A qualification and/or relevant experience in construction or project / contract management.
- Knowledge or experience in asset management.
- A sound knowledge in conservation / construction work.
- A sound knowledge of contractor health and safety management.
- A current full driving licence is required.
Desired would be:
- Understanding of SHZ HB 8630 Tracks and Outdoor Visitor Structures.
- Experience with walking track construction and maintenance.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What’s in it for you:
A fantastic supportive and collaborative working environment. Being the multiple award winner of the most attractive employer in the public sector (and second overall) with an average turnover beyond 10 years, we know people generally really enjoy working with us!
We highly value the new expertise and fresh perspectives brought into the organisation. This is your chance to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement. Excellent development opportunities across the Department.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above requirements
For any enquiry, please contact Debbie Fahey on 027 286 2746 or email email@example.com quoting vacancy T400/99550/5I
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 26 September 2021
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We offer a range of flexible working options depending on the needs of the role and its work context.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.