Website Rotokare Scenic Reserve Trust
Permanent, full-time (40 hrs/wk) position
Are you passionate about the environment and committed to making a positive difference in a team-orientated work environment?
How would you like to work in one of Taranaki’s most picturesque environments? Rotokare Scenic Reserve Trust runs a dynamic community-led Ecological Sanctuary project in central Taranaki. A great opportunity has arisen to become part of a strong team of dedicated people managing a stunning 230ha pest-free fenced sanctuary.
Are you action orientated, well organised, and ready for anything? Do you have a ‘can do’ philosophy, and are you someone that acts and inspires other to achieve quality results? Do you value variety in your work, and enjoy a challenge?
We are looking for a self-motivated, diligent, personable, experienced and capable Site Manager who is committed to high standards and to environmental restoration. The position requires tenacity, initiative, physical fitness and a methodical approach.
The Site Manager will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the Trust’s assets at Rotokare and a 3,000 hectare trapping programme surrounding Rotokare. This will include operational management of various relevant projects. The job will involve:
- Management of pest animal trapping programme
- Facilities management and development (operational and visitor facilities)
- Assisting with monitoring and maintenance of the 8.2km pest-proof fence
- Health & Safety, and site security management
- Volunteer coordination and management
- Public engagement and stakeholder relationships
- Operational management including data management and recording systems
- Computer literacy and ideally GPS/GIS experience
- Vehicle and machinery management (includes basic maintenance)
- Some biodiversity monitoring work (e.g. pateke and kiwi …)
The position reports to the Sanctuary Manager.
The work will involve occasional out of normal hours work, including being on call with a cell phone for monitoring of security systems and fence integrity (roster 2 weeks-on, three weeks-off).
It is anticipated that the Site Manager will live within 20 minutes drive of Rotokare, in order to respond efficiently to emergency call-outs.
To register your interest and receive a copy of the job description and application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Site Manager Vacancy”.
Applications close Monday 25th February 2019 or when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.