Website Department of Conservation
Are you someone who is passionate about the outdoors, New Zealand conservation and the provision of high-quality visitor experiences and conservation land management? Do you enjoy leading and supervising teams to complete quality work? If yes, then this could be the job for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Supervisor to join our team for an average of 40 hours per week between the months of October – May.
The focus of this role is the leadership and supervision of our talented delivery team delivering critical conservation work across Te Anau and Fiordland National Park Frontcountry sites. You will be a team player with great communication and organisational skills, relationship management and proven supervision skills to work with DOC staff, our community, Iwi and stakeholders.
This position is located in Te Anau. You will travel to and from Te Anau to our Frontcountry and Milford Road sites to both implement and oversee work programmes for our Frontcountry DOC staff, contractors and volunteers.
- daily supervision of staff, contractors and volunteers,
- delivery of training and weekly work planning for staff,
- ensuring a strong focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, contractors and visitors is present in planning and monitoring the work,
- facilities maintenance and site restoration across an extensive network of Department owned assets,
You will have:
- great people management and proven supervisory skills or experience in leading a team
- experience in recreational and historic land management or asset management
- a strong knowledge base in conservation
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- proficiency in computer use, data entry and analysis
- a strong commitment to safety and wellbeing in the workplace
- physical fitness and an ability to work outdoors in a range of conditions
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant field is desirable but not essential
Training in departmental systems will be provided.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact Grant Tremain firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 027 707 8112, quoting vacancy 400/8318
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday, 6 November 2018.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
To apply for this job please visit careers.doc.govt.nz.