Website Nelmac Kūmānu
Nelmac Kūmānu are proud to contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealand communities in Te Tauihu; our people are kaitiaki of our natural and built environments working to enhance our environment for community wellbeing.
We have two new and challenging roles for Conservation Team Leaders, one each for Nelson and Marlborough to lead the co-ordination and delivery of effective and cost-efficient pest plant control on different Projects.
You will be required to seek positive development within the conservation field and actively mentor those reporting to you as well as proactively develop effective client relationships.
We’re looking for leaders with proven, practical experience in the conservation/outdoor environment. Would suit someone with forestry or backcountry work in their portfolio. We’re open to applications from those ready to take the next step in their career who can lead a team on-site. Become a subject matter expert in conservation and biosecurity to Nelmac Customers.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have the following:
- Technical / industry experience in Conservation services and in particular a range of pest plant control methods– required (3+ years in the field preferred)
- A Sound understanding of ecological process and a willingness to seek positive conservation outcomes.
- A good level of health and safety awareness
- Fit for working in the field in all conditions with a positive attitude.
Advantageous (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience using hand tools and light machinery, ideally with NZQA credits
- Four-wheel drive experience is an advantage (WTR preferable, digger experience would be an advantage)
- Growsafe certificate and agrichemical application experience.
Why Join Us:
- This is a great opportunity to grow your career as we are committed to upskilling and developing staff.
- Good work life balance
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
- In addition, we have a great staff discount scheme.
Please note that applicants must have a current full drivers’ licence, NZ residency/citizenship or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening, background and ACC checks.
How to apply
Please apply through our website on the Nelmac careers page (www.nelmac.co.nz/careers) with your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions regarding the role or would like a copy of the position description please email: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 8 October 2021.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
To apply for this job please visit www.nelmac.co.nz.