Website Godfrey Pest Management Ltd
Wilding Pine Control (Operational), South Island
Godfrey Pest Management Ltd works extensively in the areas of biosecurity, biodiversity and conservation. We are heavily involved in wilding pine control throughout the South Island. We have numerous highly skilled and proficient teams at various worksites within our wilding pine division.
We are doing our best to maintain the biological integrity of our iconic landscapes in Aoteroa New Zealand by eradicating wilding pines and we need your help.
Upholding high standards of professionalism and quality in our operational field-based programs is of upmost importance to us. We require additional team leaders to ensure we maintain this standard.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to lead up to four operational staff in the field with a primary focus on weed control. This is a physically demanding roll requiring mental and physical fitness and a passion for the outdoors. You will preferably have leadership experience in the field of either weed spraying, pest control or conservation and have a strong focus on Health & Safety.
Essentially the successful applicant will have previous practical experience, a high level of integrity, be a good communicator and a team player.
- Setting work plans
- Ensuring staff operate safely and productively on a daily basis
- Health & Safety meetings, compliance and reporting
- Loading helicopter-based operations
- Monitor competence of crew
- Contract compliance & Quality assurance
- Mentoring staff and being primary point of contact
- Report directly to the Program Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in leading teams preferably in the fields weed spraying, pest control or conservation.
- Backcountry experience
- Proficiency and skill in chainsaw operations
- Experience & knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Experience operating 4WD and Light Utility vehicles in an off-road environment
- Experience in use, storage and transport of agrichemicals.
We are committed to upskilling and developing staff and offer ongoing training including completion & accreditation in NZQA unit standards.
This role requires living away from home usually in rural or remote areas Monday to Friday.
Our company provides all employees in this division meals, accommodation plus an overnight allowance.
The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment and random drug testing.
Please note that applicants must have a current full drivers’ licence, NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and will be subject to a police background check.
If you think this is the role for you, please email your CV and a covering letter to Gareth Davies at email@example.com.
Applications close: Wednesday, 3 November 2021.
All applications will be treated with confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.