Website Te Ngahere
Do you enjoy being out and about in the field and making a difference in the environment?
Te Ngahere is a passionate company that is focused on restoring and protecting New Zealand’s biodiversity and native environment. Our staff all share the same goal of wanting to see a positive change in our environment. We are a company that is committed to leading the field in the ecological restoration of NZ.
We provide outstanding specialist services in a range of areas including:
- The restoration of native environments
- Invasive plant and animal control
- Biosecurity surveillance and response work
- Ecological assessments and restoration plans
- Native plantings
- Project management
- Assisting community groups with their projects
- Engagement and behavior change – advocating for environmental projects.
We are currently looking for team members to join our team working on a range of projects from restoring remnant bush to protecting our natural regional parks. You will contribute to protecting and restoring some of Auckland and NZ’s beautiful natural environments, including the Hauraki Gulf Islands. Our teams often work in hard challenging environments, but with great reward. You will need to be physically fit, and enjoy working in the bush and often in remote areas, enhancing our native areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pest plant and predator control
- Surveillance of native bush for invasive species
- Herbicide application for the control of weed species
- Native plantings to restore areas
Applicants must have:
- A passion for the natural environment and its protection
- Good level of fitness, ability to work in challenging and remote areas,
- Positive can-do attitude, strong work ethic, drug free and the ability to work well in a team
- Full driving license (NZ class 1)
- NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident status or valid NZ work permit
- Knowledge of invasive plants, their effective control and knowledge of native plants
- Ability to work away from home during the working week.
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience in the area of pest plant control, conservation, horticulture, farming or biosecurity
- Current First Aid, Growsafe and other relevant qualifications in environmental management
- Experience with knapsacks, chainsaws and scrubcutters.
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
- A team environment where everyone is striving for the same goal
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Practical training courses to develop your skills
- Career development opportunities
- Being part of a growing company where your opinion and contribution is valued
Please email us for Job description and application form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with a full CV, cover letter outlining you relevant experience and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.