Website Kaimai Mamaku Project Governance Group
Towards Thriving Kaimai Mamaku Forests
Kaimai Mamaku Project Governance Group
The Department of Conservation (DOC) is looking for an experienced Project or Programme Manager with good relationships among iwi and hapū around the Kaimai Mamaku Ranges to help lead, plan, develop and manage the delivery of a long-term biodiversity programme.
This kaupapa, “Towards Thriving Kaimai Mamaku Forests,” will involve identifying and engaging / resourcing / supporting hapū and local communities to establish or grow social licence for biodiversity work including animal pest control. It will also see an immediate doubling of agency-funded animal pest control where social licence to operate exists, and a ramping up of monitoring and communication efforts.
Specific deliverables of the role include:
- Leading and delivering the project on behalf of the Project Governance Group and DOC Operations Manager.
- Working with iwi/hapū and local communities around the Kaimai Ranges at a flaxroots level, to identify and engage / resource / support individuals or groups who can grow or establish social licence for biodiversity work, including animal pest control.
- Collaborating with key agency staff in the planning, implementation and reporting associated with the doubling of agency-funded animal pest control.
- Providing effective and clear communication of the project status and direction to the project governance group, iwi/hapū, community groups and other key stakeholders, and ensure strong communications links between parties.
- Supporting the Project Governance Group to enable timely decision making for the project.
- Undertaking the core project management components of planning, reporting, coordinating, scheduling and resourcing activities for the project with key stakeholders and partners within time and budget.
- Creating, maintaining and reporting against an appropriate range of programme and project management documents, indicators and registers.
The Project Manager will be working across the Kaimai Mamaku Forest and Ranges. Office space will be available at DOC offices.
The work is supported through funding and governance from a Project Governance Group made up of the Department of Conservation (DOC), Bay of Plenty Regional Council (BOPRC), Waikato Regional Council (WRC) and the Manaaki Kaimai-Mamaku Trust (MKMT), while recognising that a co-decision making relationship between the Crown and Mana Whenua underpins the future management of public conservation land.
For full information and to submit your tender online go to https://www.gets.govt.nz/DOC/ExternalTenderDetails.htm?id=22756983
Tender closing date: Monday, 13 July 2020 at 12:00pm.
To apply for this job please visit www.gets.govt.nz.