Website Waimate District Council
- Attractive remuneration
- Fixed-term role – mid September 2021 to May 2022
- Accommodation is available at the stunning Waitangi Camp
Do you have a passion for the outdoors, working with people and getting stuck in to make sure everything is running smoothly so that everyone can have a great time?
The Waimate District Council is looking for someone just like you to be our new Waimate Lakes Camp Supervisor. You’ll have the important responsibility of overseeing the smooth operation and maintenance activities of all campgrounds and campsites from Fishermen’s Bend, Waitangi East and West, Te Aka and Briars Gulley covering 22 kilometres during the camping season.
This is a fixed-term position working approximately 34 weeks between mid-September 2021 to May 2022. Accommodation is available at the Waitangi Camp – a stunning part of the Waitaki Valley.
Your day-to-day will look like:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Enforcement of the camping rules and regulations, which involves ensuring all campers have paid their camp fees, routine patrol, assisting campers and visitors with enquiries, bookings and clearing out honesty boxes
- Managing and assisting in the maintenance and cleaning of the camping grounds plus the administration of operations
- Work collaboratively with the Parks and Reserves Supervisor and team around the ongoing property maintenance throughout the season, this can include lawn mowing
- Monitor the cleanliness of all campsites and campground areas, and work alongside campers to tidy up as required
- Operating company vehicles and maintaining their cleanliness.
We are looking for someone who is as good with dealing with people as they are in their handyperson skills. You will be honest and trustworthy, with a great attitude and the ability to think on your feet. A full NZ driver’s licence and previous experience managing campgrounds would be an advantage. Most of all, our goal is to ensure that all campers have a safe and enjoyable experience.
If you’re ready for the great outdoors to become your new workplace, apply now!
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5580551.
Applications close: Tuesday, 10 August 2021.
To apply for this job please visit waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz.